Please have your Car Camera Installed before setting up your BrickHouse Telematics features.
1. Log in to locate.brickhousesecurity.com. Please check your email for your username and password.
2. Create a geofence around any location to receive alerts when the vehicle enters or exits the area you have selected. See the instructions below.
3. While in the vehicle, press the Panic Button to create an Event trigger for a Video Upload. On the Map under Messages, you will be able to see an alert with an envelope. Double click to view the video file.
4. Viewing all video events, go to Reports to select the vehicle and type of report (Daily or Weekly), then execute. Select Video and view files on the far right under the map view.
5. We recommend you take your cellular car camera for a drive to test your geofence.
Telematic Platform Overview
When you first log in to the telematics platform, you will see your cellular camera listed on the side of the dashboard and a map view that will show the camera's last location. Several features give you access to monitor the device state, run reports, select locations with Video and customize your dashboard view.
Creating a New Geofence
By setting up a geofence, the cellular camera will be able to inform you when the vehicle you are monitoring goes outside the pre-selected area. You will be alerted via text message or email if the car exits or crosses the zone.
To set up your first geofence, go to the Geofences menu, and zoom into the area on the map where you would like to create the geofence. To get the most accurate results, be sure to center the geofence at the primary location and make it large enough to enclose the surrounding perimeter outside the fixed address.
- Click on New in the menu and give your geofence a clear name and description. It will be helpful when you receive alerts, as you will know which geofence is being triggered and can find the vehicle quickly.
- Select the shape of the geofence you want to set up from the drop-down menu. We suggest starting with a circular geofence. Click on the spot on the map you want the geofence to be centered. You can move the center of your geofence by selecting the dot on your map, and while holding down your mouse key, drag the dot to where you want the geofence centered on the map. To increase the size of your geofence, change the number in the Radius, ft box until your geofence is the size you want.
Remember: You can zoom in on the map for more detail. The default geofence area is 100 feet.
You can also search for an address via the search tool by clicking on the magnifying glass icon above the map to the right of the main menu and typing in the address you want to center your geofence. The address you have selected will appear in the description bar. Choose the area around the address and adjust the size of your geofence as needed for your desired alerts.
For technical assistance, please call us at 800-654-7966. You can also find our email and live chat support at https://www.brickhousesecurity.com/support/.