- Stream Video Recorder (SVR) ADC-SVR122 (included)
- AC power adapter (included)
- Ethernet connection to broadband (Cable, DSL or Fiber Optic) Internet
- Login and Password for the Alarm.com account to associate the SVR to
Add the device to an Alarm.com account
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect the device to the network's router.
- Connect the device’s AC power adapter and plug it into a non-switched outlet.
- Allow a few minutes for the SVR and router to connect. When the status LED in the front of the SVR is solid green, the wireless connection is complete.
- Add the SVR to the account using either MobileTech or entering the following web address: www.alarm.com/addcamera to access the Customer Website.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add and set up the SVR. For more information about adding a camera to an account, see Enroll the video device to the customer account.
LED Reference Guide
SVR Status LED
SVR Hard Drive
Viewing live and recorded video locally
An ADC-SVR122 that is associated with a customer's account can view the live and recorded video locally using a monitor and computer USB mouse.
Requirements to locally view SVR122
- ADC-SVR122 associated with an Alarm.com customer account
- HDMI cable
- Television or computer monitor
- USB computer mouse (wireless or wired)
- Using an HDMI cable, connect the SVR122 to a television or computer monitor.
- Connect a computer mouse (wireless or wired) using the USB port on the SVR122.
- To view the SVR122 main menu, move the mouse around the screen. The following three icons appear:
1. If there are issues connecting the device to the account, power cycle the device (unplug the power jack from the device and then plug it back in to restore power). Verify the Ethernet cable is properly connected, and verify the network has Internet access.
2. If issues persist, reset the device to factory defaults by using the Reset button located on the back of the device.
- To factory reset the SVR, press and hold the Reset button until the SVR Status LED is flashing green and red (about 15 seconds), then release the button. The device reboots with factory defaults. If the device was previously installed to an Alarm.com account, it needs to be removed before it can be installed again.