Q: Why can’t my device connect to the Nighthawk M1 mobile router?
A: If you are experiencing problems connecting to the mobile router, try the following suggestions:
If you are using the NETGEAR Mobile app and it does not find the mobile router, try using another computer or mobile device to connect to your mobile router. If you can, then the problem is with a device that cannot connect, not the mobile router.
● Turn off your device and take the battery out, wait 10 seconds, put the battery back in, and turn your device on.
● Restart your device that will be connected to Nighthawk M1 Router
● Turn off or temporarily disable any security programs or firewalls. If using a Security system that also accesses any computer systems on a different network.
Q. Why can’t I access the Internet?
A. If you are connected to the mobile router but cannot connect to the Internet, try the following suggestions:
● Check the display status on the LCD.
● Make sure that network coverage is available in your area.
● Make sure that your SIM card is active and enabled with data services. Note: SIM card and Data services are pre-configured when ordered. Confirm Data is active by contacting BrickHouse Security customer support.
● Wait for one to two minutes for the mobile router to initialize.
● Confirm that your account is activated and that no other Internet connections are active.
● Switch your mobile router off and on and restart your devices or WiFi device
Q. Why is the signal indicator always low?
A. Your mobile router’s reception is poor. Try moving it to a location with a clear view of the sky (for example, near a window).
Q. Why is the download or upload speed slow?
A. The data transfer speed depends on the signal strength and interfering with radio sources like electrical generators or other mobile router WiFi devices.
Review the following possibilities:
● Check your signal strength and network type (for example, LTE 4G is generally faster than 3G).
● Check WiFi interference by powering the mobile router off and on to find a better WiFi channel.
● Switch WiFi channel from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz.
● If the network signal is low, consider using external antennas or cradle the mobile router with built-in high-gain antennas.
Q. What do I do if I forget my admin login password?
A. The default admin login password is admin, and the mobile router web page URL is http://m.home or http://192.168.1.1.
● If you change the admin login password and can’t remember the password that you created, you must set the mobile router back to factory defaults. For information about how to reset to factory default settings, see Factory Reset on how to manage Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router Network.
Factory Reset Using the Reset Button
You must remove the cover on the bottom of the mobile router to access the Reset button.
To perform a factory reset using the Reset button:
1. Make sure that the mobile router LED is lit to indicate that it is receiving power from the battery.
2. Remove the cover on the bottom of the mobile router.
3. Place your thumbs on the arrows on the cover and press down while sliding the cover-up.
4. Leave the battery in place.
5. Locate the Reset button.
6. With a sharp object such as a paperclip, press and hold the Reset button for five seconds. The mobile router returns to factory settings.
7. Replace the cover on the back of the mobile router.
Q.The LCD is not lit. How do I know if the mobile router is still powered on?
A. The LCD dims to save energy. The LED continues to blink slowly to indicate that the mobile router is still powered on. To wake the LCD, press and quickly release the Power button.
Q. Where can I find more information?
A. Review the following:
● The quick start guide had come with your mobile router.
● Visit the BrickHouse Security Support page for Products link, search for your network device Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router, and select available materials. You may also go to the Netgear support site (https://www.netgear.com/support/product/MR1100.aspx) for more information.
BrickHouse Security is the industry's premier supplier of security and surveillance
solutions. As a recognized authority in GPS tracking, hidden cameras, cell phone/PC
monitoring, video surveillance and counter surveillance, we help our customers use
technology to get the clarity they need. We proudly serve consumers, businesses of
all sizes and the law enforcement community. When you need to know, BrickHouse has