Steps to add users to fleets and alerts
• You have to have a Manager account login for Smart Mail 2 or Smart View 2.
• Your vehicles have to be in fleets for the users to be able to see them.
• Manager accounts see all units regardless of the fleet.
• User accounts on see vehicles that you have given them fleet access to, by default a user will see nothing.
Login to Smart Mail 2 /Smart View 2 as the manager.
Select Admin and then users.
Click on "New user".
Fill in the fields, make sure that you select User as the Role, click Save.
Once complete select Fleet user.
Click on Assign user.
Select Fleet and then the user you created, click Save.
Select Settings and Alerts.
Click on New Alert
Input into the provided fields
- Alert name
- Select the user you created
- Select what alerts you want to be emailed to the user.
- Ignition On
- Panic Button
- Alarm In
- Select the fleet by clicking the Airplane drop down.
- Select your time zone
- Select the days of the week you want to be notified.
- Click Save.
The alerts are not active, you can test this by pressing the panic button on one of the vehicles in the selected fleets.
Please remember to check Junk and Spam folders just in case the email goes into there.