Tutorial Video: Formatting Your SD Card: Windows 10
Sometimes, SD cards will need to be formatted before being used in particular devices.
Check your device’s manual before formatting a card to confirm you choose the correct format. Formatting any memory source will erase all data stored on it.
Please insert your SD card inside your computer's built in SD card port or or inside of a card reader that is plugged into your computer's USB port. Follow the steps below:
1) Navigate to the Windows Explorer window.
2) Right click on the icon for the device.
3) Scroll to Format... and left click.
4) Make sure that the File system is correct. Most devices use the FAT system, which is the default.
5) Left click on the Start button.
6) When the warning window appears, click OK to confirm that all data will be erased from the card.
7) A progress bar will appear, and you will be notified when the formatting is completed. The larger the memory capacity, the longer it can take.