It helps to have your TV user's manual nearby since you may need to change video input on the TV used for initial set-up.
1. Take the unit from the box and ensure you have received all included items.
2. Open the device to insert the memory card into the memory card slot and connect the battery, turning it on after the connection is made.
3. To confirm the device is ready, connect the provided video cable from the unit to your TV video input and create motion in front of the camera to see a live video feed and make a sample recording.
4. Your device is now ready to be placed in the area of desired surveillance.
5. Default recording setting is PIR detection. Once the power is turned on and the device recognizes the memory card, the DVR will begin to record based on PIR detection(see note below).
Special Note about PIR (Passive Infrared) Technology:
Each Xtreme Life™ DVR has a built-in PIR sensor that detects levels of infrared radiation, the use of which makes the battery life so long. Everything emits some level of radiation. The hotter an object is the more radiation it emits. Changes in radiation levels are considered as a motion by the DVR, which will then turn on and begin to record. The PIR sensor requires very little power, so the DVR will be off even though the PIR sensor is still detecting radiation. When the PIR detects a change in radiation, the DVR will turn on and begin to record. The DVR takes approximately 3 seconds to turn on and start recording.
Please see below for full instructions in the attached copy of the Manual for this device.
This manual applies to the following products: Bird Feeder Hidden Cam & DVR (SC7050HD)
ElectroBox Hidden Cam & DVR (SC7009HD)
Xtreme Life Smoke Detector Hidden Camera (SC7100HD, SC7200HD)
BrickHouse Security is the industry's premier supplier of security and surveillance
solutions. As a recognized authority in GPS tracking, hidden cameras, cell phone/PC
monitoring, video surveillance and counter surveillance, we help our customers use
technology to get the clarity they need. We proudly serve consumers, businesses of
all sizes and the law enforcement community. When you need to know, BrickHouse has